Buy Book Now
Where Does the Second Glance Go
I want to be the first to go on record and say the sexual desires we have are some of our strongest God-given natural desires. In the right circumstances God intends them to be one of the greatest blessings of our lives. In society we see anything but this happening. In our culture Satan is using these God-given natural desires to kill, rob, and destroy us in every way possible.
The reality is we live in a society that is bombarding us with information that is sexual in nature. Everywhere we go, every place we turn, people of all ages are being inundated with sexually oriented information. The advent of the internet and cell technology has made the worst of the worst pornographic material available to every man, woman, and child, regardless of age. The information we are receiving is becoming more graphic, violent, and disgusting every day. The end result of this is the sexuality of our nation is distorted and out of control. The problems and threats we face as a result of these issues are perverse and unimaginable. It is accurate to say the sexual issues and problems that once only shocked the church from afar have invaded and decimated it at the highest level. As you will see by the statistics I quote in this book, people in every age group and demographic in the church have been dramatically affected by these issues. This includes our pastors!
As you read further, you will discover many examples of extraordinary devastation that has taken place in the Body of Christ as a result of the sexual issues in our midst. I am sorry that some of these things are hard to hear. It is my desire we openly and honestly before the Lord begin to address the issues we face.
With this said I have written this book with these things in mind:
- It is my desire that this book provides people with a base of information that will enable them to fully understand the breath, depth, and impact of these issues on society, and how they knowingly or unknowingly are affecting them on a day- to-day, moment-by-moment basis. The things that are taking place in our society are extraordinary in nature. It has become imperative as Christians that we know and understand what is happening so we can take appropriate measures to address these issues and protect our families.
- I hope to bring people to an understanding of the process in the world in which we live that sexual sin, spiritual bondage, and addiction can enter our lives. It is important as Christians that we understand the potentially devastating spiritual and- physical ramifications sexual sin can have on our lives.
- It is imperative we understand that every moment of every day we are making decisions of our will regarding the sexual areas of or lives. We are deciding whether we are sowing our lives into God’s kingdom and life abundantly or into Satan’s kingdom and death, disease, and destruction. I want to provide a point of intervention where we as individuals and as the Body of Christ can openly and honestly before God evaluate where we are regarding these issues and what we need to do about it.
- The third section of the book in particular provides a biblically based process through which spiritual freedom in Christ can come. If you or someone you know is struggling with these issues, it is my desire to bring people to a point where change can take place in their lives and their relationship with God can be restored to its fullest potential. The good news for us all is this: God loves us. It does not matter what we have done or where we have been. Through the blood Jesus shed on the cross, our sins can be forgiven and our relationship with the Lord can be restored to its fullest potential. You or those you know are only one decision away from beginning a process that can change all of your lives. God has a plan of restoration for our lives, families, homes, and marriages.
There Is Hope
I have written this book to discuss a subject that affects us on a day-to-day, moment-by-moment basis in a greater way than any other, our sexuality. Before I move forward, I want to remind you of some very important principles. The first is that God loves you, no matter what you have done or where you have been. Through the blood that Jesus shed on the cross, your sins can be forgiven and you can be made pure, holy, and just in God’s sight. The Psalms say that God knit you together in your mother’s womb, that you’re fearfully and wonderfully made, and that the days of your life were numbered before even one of them came to be. Ephesians says that God chose and predestined you according to His plans and purposes. This is the foundation upon which this book is based — the Gospel, the Good News. Your life is in the hands of the creator and sustainer of the universe. If you are struggling with these issues, you are only one right decision away from beginning a process through which your relationship with your Father in heaven can be restored to its fullest potential. Remember, God loves you. He has a plan of restoration for your life, your family, your home, and your marriage.
Child Porn On The Internet
Obviously all child porn is terrible in nature. It would be accurate to say child porn has gotten more sexually perverse and violent in nature over the last ten years. In one particularly memorable bust, Interpol, along with law enforcement officials from the United States, Europe, and Scandinavia, announced they had broken up what was at the time the largest known child porn network. I was in shock as some of the most hardened investigators and prosecutors of child exploitation crime in the world began to cry during the press conference, stating it was the most difficult case they had ever prosecuted. They said they had never seen the perverse sexual behaviors they had witnessed during the investigation being done to children, and they were overwhelmed by the screams of these children they saw in the materials.
The Presence Of Sex Offenders In Church’s
The problem we face is churches don’t have policies and procedures in place to govern how sexual offenders safely interact with us and how we safely interact with them. Very few churches have comprehensive safety plans in place that might effectively protect their people. When I ask churches what they are doing to monitor the sex offenders in their congregations, they almost always say “Nothing” or “We don’t want them to feel judged or unwelcome while they are here.” Some say “We want them to experience God’s grace” or simply “Nothing, we are aware they are here.” Folks, this is one of the greatest examples of what I have come to call “misguided grace” I have ever heard of. The one thing all sex offenders understand is that privacy in their lives no longer exists. They have been under constant supervision ever since they were arrested. Even while they’re out on parole, some offenders are required to re- port to a monitoring station every time they change locations. If they leave home to go to work, they must report to the monitoring station. If they go to church or to a store, they must report in. Some offenders wear GPS units and all their movements are tracked. Some offenders are mandated by the courts to be under lifetime supervision. So, sex offenders must have safety plans in place everywhere they go. As long as they are on the Sex Offender Registry, they are required to inform people of their presence. If churches don’t do anything to monitor them or have safety plans in place by which they operate, they become the only place in the sex offenders’ lives where they are not monitored and supervised. We think we are extending them God’s grace when we are really becoming tools of Satan, setting them up to fail.
Where Does the Second Glance Go, Is a powerful three-part audio series
Second Glance Ministries has given over 135,000 sessions of this three-part-audio series away on-line to people in 129 countries around the world free of charge.
Where Does the Second Glance Go has been update and is being re-released in book form.
Society is bombarding us with sexually oriented information. The information we are receiving is becoming more graphic, violent and destructive in nature every day.
The sexually oriented issues and problems in society are becoming more widespread and devastating in nature every day.
The sexually oriented issues and problems that once only shocked the church from afar have invaded and decimated the church at the highest level.
Some of the Topics covered in the book:
Section one of the book:
• Impact of the pornography on the Internet
• Child porn on the internet
• The Dar Net
• The presence of Sex Offenders in church’s
• The presence of Juvenile sex offenders in society and the church
• The impact of STD’s on men, women, teens and Children
• The sexualization of children
• The ultimate impact of coving up sexually oriented crime and sin in church’s
Section two of the book:
• Define the scope and nature of pornographic material
• The sexual addiction process
• The sexual sin process in a believers’ life
• How believers come to a point of spiritual bondage as a sexual sin
• The 8 sexual biblical prohibitions, including the topic of Homosexuality
Section Three of the book:
• The biblical process of change and renewal
• Gaining and maintaining freedom from sex and porn addiction
• A practical biblically based plan of intervention for people struggling with
sex and porn addiction
• Being protected spiritually in a sexually saturated society
• The process through which our relationship with the Lord can be restored to its fullest potential.